Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm sorry if I killed any of you by the surprise of my last post. I couldn't resist. :P In the comment section of that post, I wrote a personal note to each of you that commented :)

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and prayers. I very much appreciate and need them. Although I am very attracted to the sisters in Ann Arbor, it's still a very big decision to dedicate your entire life to God. However, if that's God's will I know everything will be fine, and I won't regret it.

My "date" went very well last night. :) Jesus is such a gentleman. I think the hardest thing about my relationship with Christ is that I need to learn how to hear Him. It's easy to pray/talk with God, but the ability to quiet my mind and listen to what He has to say is a skill I need to develop. Thankfully, He is very patient. :)

In the hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Vicki

5 comments:

Claire said...

Ah, yes...the art of listening. It's vital in any relationship, but especially in our relationship with Our Lord. It takes a deeper patience and trust because he speaks to us on HIS timing -- not ours. :)

Blessings!

Apprentice Seamstress said...

I know what you are feeling!
i have such a hard time listening to him aswell.
Have you looked up the Dominican Sisters Of St Cecilia?
http://nashvilledominican.org/
They have a really good website.
i am still discerning

in Christ

~milisande

Victoria Rose said...

Claire - Very true, Claire. Thank you for your input; I like reading what you have to say. :)

Lady M. - Yes I have! Thank you very much. :) I don't really know what the difference is between the two orders, but I really feel drawn to the one in Ann Arbor.

Apprentice Seamstress said...

Thats Really cool i will check out the one in Ann Arbor!

Sincerely
Lady M

Ardhoniel said...

I know just how you feel about listening! My spiritual director told me not to become discouraged about it though and not to feel bad about talking to the Lord. I'm glad to hear you had such a grace filled retreat! I will keep you in my prayers.~Ardhoniel