Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10).
2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold).
3. Add 5.
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator...
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1759 .
If you haven't, add 1758.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number (unless your # was 10.)
The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2009) IT WILL EVER WORK.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
things, serious things, educational things, whatever! The handy dandy "schedule post" feature even allows you to write your post on, say Thursday and have it show up on Saturday if you won't be around to post it on Saturday morning. Now you have no excuse." Well, I could come up with a lot of excuses, but never mind that now.
Sorry the pic isn't better.
I'm working on a school essay on The Merchant of Venice. I'm actually starting to like it, because now I know what's going on in the play (thanks to Cliffs Notes). It is a persuasive essay on te Jewish villian, Shylock. The assignment said: "How is Shylock guilty of the deadly sins of avarice, envy, and wrath?" Also, I took a Biology test yesterday and scored a 96%!!!! :D That gives me an A for the third quarter. *is very happy*
Hmm......what to write last? Uh......Oh! Camp is in exactly ONE week!!!! Did you hear that people!??! ONE WEEK TILL CAMP!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Hannah shooting the recurve bow. She looks somewhat Elvish, no?
A very cute picture of Gaby that I just had to post. :)
This is a pic of humongous raccoon my dad shot at 2:30 in the morning, in the barn where our chickens are.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
We will be holding our Second Annual Pirates Blog Week July 13th to July 19!!!!!!!!
Last year, Lady Rose, Lizzy/Hannah, and myself came up with the idea (due to being very into Pirates of the Caribbean at the time) to have a Pirate blog week to commemorate the five year anniversary of Pirates of the
This year, we would like to invite anyone who is a fan of Pirates of the
A) You give your blog a new look, which means changing the background, the colors, and title if you wish.
B) Every day do at least one post on something piratical, such as last year we did caption it competitions for Pirates of the
C) Last but not least, give your self a pirate name! We all chose characters from the movies, but turned them into our own. You may choose a character from the movies, or simply create your own pirate name. I’ll list the characters that are already taken from the movie, who took them, and what they turned them into:
Captain Jack Sparrow/Vicki(me)/Captain Coon Sparrow
William Turner/Rose/Captain Fox Turner
Elizabeth Swann/Lizzy/Elizabeth Swann
Captain Barbossa/Danny (might be joinign us this year)/Captain Wolfgang Barbossa
If you are going to be participating, please leave a comment, with your pirate name, to let me know.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. The Passion of the Christ (2004) (I only watch that one once a year on Good Friday. It is such an awesome reminder of what Christ did for us.)
2. The Sound of Music (1965)
3. A Man For All Seasons (1966)
4. The Song of Bernadette (1943)
5. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
6. The Ten Commandments (1956)
7. The Scarlet and the Black (1983)
8. Jesus of
9. Schindler’s List (1993)
10. The Bells of St Mary’s (1945) (I love this one!)
11. Thérèse (2004) (Not a favorite; way too sad. I found it....depressing.)
12. Braveheart (1995) (Mel Gibson movies rock! I wish he was a better Catholic, poor guy.)
13. The Miracle of Our Lady of
15. Lilies of the Field (1963) (Great movie and a must watch. We watch it at Easter time every year.)
16. The Miracle of Marcelino (1955) (A very sweet movie that I would recommend for all, especially young kids.)
17. Les Miserables (1998)
18. The Quiet Man (1952) (Family favorite, and a timeless classic.)
19. Ben Hur (1959)
20. Rudy (1993) (Based on the true story of Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger. Sean Astin (eeek!!) does a beautiful job as Rudy. A wee bit too much cuss words and swearing, but an awesome movie.)
21. The Robe (1953) (I don't really like the movie, but the book was good.)
22. Return to Me (2000)
23. We Were Soldiers (2002)
24. Becket (1964)
25. Going My Way (1944)
26. Romero (1989)
27. Sister Act (1992) (One word: Hilarious!)
28. Pope John Paul II (1984)
29. Jonah: a Veggie Tales Movie (2002)
30. Shoes of the Fisherman (1986)
31. Brideshead Revisited (1981)
32. The Keys of the Kingdom (1944)
33. On the Waterfront (1954)
34. I Confess (1953)
37. Quo Vadis (1951)
38. The Trouble With Angels (1956)
39. Babette’s Feast (1987)
40. The Rookie (2002)
41. The Reluctant Saint (1962)
42. One Man’s Hero (1999)
43. Brother Sun, Sister Moon (1972)
44. The Exorcist (1973)
45. Dead Man Walking (1995)
46. Joan of Arc (1948)
47. The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965)
48. The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
49. Angels In the Outfield (1951) (Haven't seen this one in a looong time!)
50. Moonstruck (1987) (ROTFL! I didn't think this one would be on here, but I love it!! It does have some bed scenes you kinda have to skip through, but a hilarious movie of an Italian family in NY.)
51. The Miracle Maker: the Story of Jesus (2000)
52. Henry V (1989)
53. Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison (1957)
54. Entertaining Angels: the Dorothy Day Story (1996)
55. Knute Rockne: All American (1940)
56. The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965)
57. The Singing Nun (1966)
58. Marty (1955)
59. Monsieur Vincent (1948)
61. Au Revoir Les Infants (1987)
62. Come to the Stable (1949)
63. Diary of a Country Priest (1951)
64. In This House of Brede (1975)
65. The Jeweller’s Shop (1988)
66. The Miracle of the Bells (1948)
67. The Fighting Sullivans (1944)
68. The Fourth Wiseman (1985) (Kinda boreing)
69. The Juggler of Notre Dame (1970)
70. Barabbas (1962)
71. King of Kings (1961)
72. Francis of
73. The Adventures of Robin Hood (1937)
74. The Decalogue (1987)
75. The Gospel According to Saint Matthew (1966)
76. Angels With Dirty Faces (1938)
77. The Fugitive (1947)
78. The Longest Day (1962) (*shrieks* Love, love, love this movie!! It is filled with numerous top movie stars, and is based on the Americans invasion of Germany in WWII.)
79. Thérèse (1986)
80. The Gospel of John (2003)
81. A.D. (1985)
82. Faustyna (1995)
83. The Son (2002)
84. Francesco (1989)
85. The Flowers of St. Francis (1950)
86. Brother Orchid (1940)
87. Demetrius and the Gladiators
88. Nazarin (1958)
89. The Silver Chalice (1954)
90. When In
91. Not of This World (1999)
92. Open City (1945)
93. 3 Godfathers (1948)
94. Don Bosco (1988)
95. Abraham (1994)
96. The Detective (1954)
97. The Hoodlum Saint (1946)
98. The Sign of the Cross (1932)
99. The Wrong Man (1956)
100. Padre On Horseback (1977)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Nothing really new here. Although, I am going to Virgina in August!!!! Ya wanna know why? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway..........I'M GOING TO THE FAIRY TALE GET-TOGETHER AT REGINA DOMAN'S HOUSE!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Regina Doman (author of Shadow of the Bear, Black as Night, Waking Rose, and others) is holding an open house from Aug. 13-16. Both Hannah (my sis) and I are flying down to VA a couple days early to actually, finally meet some friends from the FT Forum face to face (soooo excited!!!!), and then we will drive up to Regina's house on the 13th.
Two more weeks till Ave Cor Mariae Camp!!!!! GAAAHH!! I can't believe how quick that was! Last time I looked it was two months away. I'm so excited! However, my mom keeps lecturing me; "You are not to get sick! You can't sleep in the Manor House! If I even hear of you doing either of those you are going to pay for your trip to camp!" You see (for those of you who don't know), I got sick for a couple days at camp last year, because they served the weirdest tasting melted, Velveeta cheese with the oddest spiced taco meat. Needless to say, it didn't quite *cough* agree with my stomach. So, my mom is threatening me within an inch of my life not to get sick, and not to sleep in the Manor House (MH). *sighs* I love the MH. No bugs. Real beds that don't creak. Real bathrooms and showers. Beautiful. I don't really mind the cabins, after all, it is fun and part of the camp experience, but one night in the MH would be sooooo nice! I think they should let each girl at camp have one night in the MH!!! Don't you agree, Rose? Well, enough venting. I'm looking forward to camp and I'm bringing glow in the dark sticks for 4th of July again!!! :D For those of you who know of my desire to bring Danny's big/pirate/Barbossa hat to camp I have news for you..........I'm not bringing it. :( You see, Danny and I made a deal: I could take the hat to camp if I sewed his Legolus costume. Well, it's almost time for camp, and I still have two skirts to sew for it; so, that means not costume, which means not hat. Sorry Theresa and Anna.
Before I sign off, one more thing. I have just found an article which I think might interest you Catholics. Apparently, ten "Catholic" colleges and universities that are promoting student internships with organizations whose missions or activities are directly opposed to the moral teachings of the Catholic Church, including on fundamental issues such as abortion and marriage. Click here to read the whole article and see which colleges and universities they're talking about.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Okay.....these tags are long over due. The first one is from Rachel and the last two are from Earwen. Thank you girls!!!!
What are you doing right now? typing
What book are you reading right now? the Merchant of Venice...yuck!
What do you do in your spare time? type, sew, read, go on the forum
How often do you get tagged? a fair amount of times I guess
Lord of the Rings vs. Twilight? LOTR
Winter vs. Summer? I like a little of both
Fall vs. Spring? a little of both
Fall vs. Winter? Fall
Spring vs. Summer right in between where Spring is about to turn into Summer but it isn't hot yet
Cats vs. Dogs? Cats...they don't stink like dogs do
Fairies vs. Elves? Elves
Humans vs. Elves? Elves
Humans vs. Fairies? Humans
Do you like Lord of the Rings? put it this way: if I didn't like LOTR I'd be an idiot. ;)
Is it your favorite movie? DUH!!!
What's your favorite out of the trilogy? I love FOTR because it has Rivendell, the Shire, the beginning of their adventure and so forth, and I also loooooove TTT because it has hilarious Gollum/Smeagul, Sam and Frodo and yeah. ROTK is not one of my favs even if Eowyn does have a cool battle outfit and kills the WK. I cried throughout a lot of the movie....especially the ending. SOOO SAD!!! So: FOTR and TTT
Do you believe it has an allegory? absolutely!!!
Female? Arwen, for her purity of heart, bravery, and gorgeous dresses. and Eowyn for her courage, bravery, beauty, skill, and........yeah.
Horse? don't have one.
Location? hmm.....Rivendell? Mirkwood? Lothlorien? the Shire? i dunno!!!
Hobbit? gaahh!!! I love them all!!! Frodo...Sam.....Merry.....Pippen? preciousss, we loooves them all!!
Elf? Legolas!! *faints* ;)
Dress/Gown? oh boy.....uh...all of them? except that purple one Arwen has on in the dream...that one stinks!
Quote? Now how can you choose ONE favorite quote from three movies/books?! Okay, I'll choose one. *sighs*
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.
Scene? hmm....the Shire and Rivendell scenes? and some of the Battles?
Piece of Jewelry? *shrugs*
Aragorn VS Legolas? Legolas! easy one
Frodo VS Sam? I absolutely REFUSE to answer this one!!!!! that is such an unfair question!!! humph!
Merry VS Pippin? Pippin?
Legolas VS Gimli? Legolas
Arwen VS Galadriel? Arwen. I hate Galadriel!!!!!
Arwen VS Eowyn? both :D
Eowyn VS Eomer? Eowyn
Eomer VS Theoden? Eomer
Arwen VS Aragorn? Aragorn
Arwen VS Legolas? Legolas
Legolas VS Haldir? Legolus....Haldir is my sister's guy.
Boromir VS Faramir? Presssioussss we hatessss them both!!! we ripsssess their filthy little eyesesss out!!!!
Smeagol VS Gollum? duh! Smeagol. he serves the Master of the Precious. Smeagol doesn't neeeed Gollum anymore!!! He sent him away!!!! but then he came back, darn it!
Book or Movie? The Movies!!!! THE MOOOVIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!!! ahem.
Thanks to for this!!! :)
NARNIA VS. MIDDLE-EARTH!
Gimli vs. Trumpkin? this is so hard......uh......oh dear.......do i have to?......well then: Gimli
Gandalf vs. Proffessor Cornelius? Gandalf all the way!!!
The White Witch vs. Saruman? now why would I want to like a bad guy?!
Gandalf vs. Aslan? don't get me wrong, I love Gandalf; however Alsan represents Christ wile Gandalf only represents the wisdom of God.......so I have to say Aslan. But I do love Gandalf!!!!
Aragorn vs. Aslan? well I did say Aslan up there so - Aragorn
Narnia vs. Middle-earth? Middle Earth :D
Prince Caspian vs. Frodo? oh jee. my husband or my crush...hmmm... ;) Frodo. *snickers* I know. I'm bad.
Susan vs. Arwen? A mix.....the warrior Susan mixed with Elvish. ;)
Edmund vs. Merry? aw man!! too hard! I'll go with Merry, though.
Lucy vs. Pippin? Pippin!
Peter vs. Haldir? Haldir I guess.....Peter has a bad attitude in PC
The Dancing Lawn vs. Lothlorien? Lothlorien...duh!
Centaurs vs. Elves? give me Elves any day!!!!
Peter's sword vs. Anduril? i never pay attention to the swords
Susan's magic bow and arrows vs. Legolas's bow of the Galadhrim? can't I have both?
Wargs vs. Werewolves? which is easier to defeat?
Orcs vs. Hags? Orcs.....one little arrow and *makes a dying sound*
The White Witche's castle vs. the Tower of Barad-dur? The Castle
Gryphons vs. Eagles? Gryphons.
Uruk-hai or Telemarines? Telmarines way more easier to kill!
Catapults or Oliphaunts? if I had a Narnian tree with me I would say Catapults otherwise....Oliphants
Cair Paravel or Rivendell? Rivendell all the way!! :D
There! I now tag...
Anyone who wants these!!
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth. Let us Pray. O God, Who instructed the hearts of Thy faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ, our Lord.
*************************If I ever get married, I want this played at the wedding. This song is so beautiful it makes me want to cry every time I hear it.