Monday, May 10, 2010

God's got my hand

Life is an interesting journey to say the least. You never know what road God is going to lead you on, therefore, we have to totally rely on Him. What a comfort to know that He is in control when you have no idea where you are going!

I began on the new year thinking that I was most likely going to join a convent. (Who would've thought that?!) God didn't want me there. Then I was accepted to FUS, and was taking the steps toward becoming an official student of Franciscan! God took my hand and led me away from that road. Now I am working 20+ hours a week, rushing to complete high school in between work, and getting ready to apply to a local community college as a part-time student.

To think that God new about all this the whole time! I had no idea that all this - and much more - was going to take place at the beginning of the year, but it didn't matter, God knew. If we all had complete and perfect trust in God, no matter what is going on in our lives, we would be content. There would be no need to worry, or stress out, or tears for that matter, because we would have the knowledge that God has our hand. As long as we strive to do His will, we will be happy.

Boy do I have a lot to learn! I still have so much work to do on trusting God. It's so easy to sit at Church in the presence of Christ and say, "I'm going to always trust You. I will always do your will. No problem at all. How could I ever not want to please you?" Yet, when I get back home, and there's the paperwork, the school work, the chores, the fifty-million things that need to be done...that's another story. It's then that it becomes hard, and I have to trust that God is in control, and just take everything one step at a time with a cheerful attitude. I think I fail way to often with that. I need to work on not succumbing to self-pity and laziness, and turn to God for help.

Jesus, have mercy on me a sinner.
Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Great post! Love the title, too. Ah, what a lifetime lesson that is: learning what trust really means. I find that out more each day.

Love you!
Claire

Ardhoniel said...

I know how you feel. I went thru the same thing last year, trying to graduate, work a full time job and keep up with chores! Overwhelming! Know that I am praying for you and wishing you the best.
I think your decision to go to a communitty college a very wise one. That is what I did this past semester. I think it was a really good way to start out. Hopefully this fall I will be starting at FUS but last year I don't think I would have been ready. Hang in there! ~ Ardhoniel