Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

No, I am not drinking, wine, champagne, or any other alcoholic beverage....it's Sparkling Apple Cider, and soooo good! :) Sorry it took me so long to post this! We had a marvelous, white Thanksgiving and were stuffed from all the good food! I hope your Thanksgiving was just as pleasant.

Here is a couple of pictures of my brother who decided to be Frodo (despite his height), in a family play. Isn't he cute? Lol!

The ring didn't show very well in this one.

Frodo and a rather long Sting.



This pic was an attempt to make him look shorter. *shrugs*
Hobbit feet!!! You can't see it that well, but his legs are reeeeeally hairy! Haha!
TTFN!

5 comments:

Clare said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! The photo is great; you look so lovely.

Your brother's Frodo outfit is simply smashing! Did you make it, buy it, find it? It's ever so awesome.

Victoria Rose said...

Hi Clare! I finally got a post from you!!!! Hurray! *calms down* Thank you for your kind compliment. :)

As to the costume, it was put together from miscellaneous items. The vest, tuxedo, and pants were from his Regency Ball costume. The vest came from the thrift store, along with the tux, and I made some modifications to it. The pants are actually a pair of my old dress pants, and we just cut the legs and put ribbon on the bottom of them. The jacket was a hand-me-down from a friend. And (you are going to laugh at this) the ring is actually my Purity ring! Lol! He insisted on using it, even though it’s silver, because our Mom’s gold ring won’t come off her finger anymore. Lastly, he made Sting (the sword) himself.

God bless!

Clare said...

Thanks for the run-down on the outfit!

I really should comment more often. I'm a very diligent reader of your blog; for some reason or other, though, I rarely comment. I'll seek to amend that, though. :)

God bless!

Rose Marchen said...

Haha! You posted! *smirks* Happy Thanksgiving my Dear!!!! Extend my Happy Thanksgivings to the rest of your family as well!


Tell Danny he makes a splendid hobbit! If only he weren't so tall.... we could amputate part of his legs... *evil grin*

Victoria Rose said...

Hehe! *eviler grin*