1) My family has been participating in the 40 Days for Life, and every Sunday we get together with some other families and pray for an hour outside an abortion clinic. After that, we head over to either our house or one of the other family’s homes – we take turns – and play soccer or kickball, board or card games, eat dinner, and visit. So our past Sundays have been filled with prayer, games, and good wholesome time spent together as Catholic families should. Our last Sunday of this will be November 1st.
2) My grandma is arriving from California on the 31st (We haven’t seen her for over a year and a half), and will stay with us for the holidays. However, I will not be able to go with the family to pick her up from the airport, due to the fact that I am working that day.
3) My manager told me that Halloween is the one day of the year that we don’t have to wear our uniforms (*parties* nasssty uniforms precious!) in other words, we can dress up. So I am going as a (modest) gypsy. I put together a costume, but now I have to work up the courage to wear it. I don’t want to be the only one wearing a full costume, you know?
4) My sister and I are going to be attending a vocation discernment retreat on November 7-8 with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Ann Arbor. I have never been there, so I am looking forward to it.
5) I am going to visit the Franciscan University of Steubenville from the 16-17 of November, and I am thoroughly looking forward to that. :D
6) I am struggling to complete an essay, that has to be recorded as well, for a scholarship, and it has to be turned in by November 1st. First place is $30,000, and it is sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars. This scholarship could be my ticket into FUS, so if you could please pray that I can get this turned in on time, I would appreciate it.
7) I don’t believe there is anything else that needs to be mentioned, so now that you know about the past and upcoming events in my life so far, I can rest easy that I won’t have to update for a while. ;) God bless you all!