Thursday, June 12, 2008

I have been Tagged!!!

Oh dear. Why did it have to be authors? I am not an author person, but I will strive to do my best! Lady Rose has tagged me and here it goes.

Rules:
Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
I really don't have a favorite author, because I don't have a favorite book, because I love too many books! To name one of my favorite authors: Joseph W. Yoder who wrote the book Rosanna of the Amish. I have always admired the Amish and here is a true story with true facts of the Amish. I love this book!

Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites? My favorite author was Louisa May Alcott for her book Little Women. I grew up with that book whether in a simplified version or the whole thing. She is still my favorite author because I have just recently discovered her book Old Fashioned Girl and fell in love with it. Louisa has a way of writing that hits the nail on the head in regards to problems girls face today even thought the books were written decades ago.

Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Colleen Hammond would be my most recent addition because of her book Dressing with Dignity. She has such clarity and brings girls to reality with clothes. I used to dress strictly pants, shorts, and capries; with skirts on Sunday. I detested the idea of wearing skirts during the week all day long; but with Colleen's book (and the beautiful example set by many of the girls at the Miles Jesu Camp in Illinois) I now wear practically all skirts and and have a greater respect and understanding of modesty and femininity.

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Probably James Heriot because I love his books on his veterinarian adventures, and because his name is an easy one to remember. *smile*

I now hereby tag:
Bethany
Leah
Cheri
Keri
That's all the people I can tag because everyone else's blogs that I visit have already been tagged! Lol!

1 comment:

Colleen Hammond said...

Thank you for your very kind comments about Dressing with Dignity! I'm thrilled you got so much out of the little purple book.

God bless!
Colleen