Monday, January 18, 2010

I can FINALLY, FREELY post!!!

Yes, I can openly post what I have been so excited about for two weeks! About two weeks ago some friends in IL invited my sister, dad, and me to a Father Daughter Ball which was to be held on the 16th (this past Saturday)from 3-9 pm. We immediately said yes. However, the reason for the secrecy was that our coming was going to be a surprise for Lady Rose and her two sisters Kathleen and Yaviel.

So, we made it to the Church Hall by 12:30, and we expected the girls by 1:45. The reason for our early arrival was partly due to the fact that there was a three hour session before the ball, when you can come and get your hair done (I was helping with the hair).

Around 1:45 we were alerted that the girls had arrived! Hannah and I quickly took our stations: I behind a wall and Hannah in the Ladies 'Powder Room'. The girls came in the Hall and were greeting everyone, then they proceeded to make their way to the Powder Room (which was behind me). With perfect timing, Hannah and I exited from our hiding places and confronted the girls with a, "Hi guys!" I have never seen faces with such shock - not surprise - sheer shock. After Rose got over her first shock attack, she proceeded to throw herself at me with a screech of what I presume was joy. ;) The surprise was a complete success! From what I can gather from Hannah, Yaviel just stood there for a while trying to comprehend the fact that we were actually standing in front of her. Both Rose and Yaviel were crying, and Yaviel for like the next hour would just randomly start giggling. It was a priceless moment.

The rest of the night was just as fun, with dancing, singing, fun and games. Not only did we surprise the girls, but were able to meet up with many of the girls from the Miles Jesu camp; it was almost a reunion of sorts. :P I was also able to meet Jo from the forum at last! It was a very special night, not only to spend with our friends, but with our wonderful, loving fathers. I love you Daddy! And a special thank you to Claire, Sarah, Veronica, and Mrs H. for coming up with the idea and for all the work they did for the Ball. You guys are the best!

That night we went over to our shocked friends' house to spend the night, and were up till 1:30, I believe. We went to Mass the next morning, had fun till about 4pm, and made our departure. We came home and are now thoroughly exhausted and sore from dancing, but have some great memories to treasure. I promise I will post pictures as soon as I upload them to my comp.

Talk to you all later!

4 comments:

Cousin Rose said...

Haha! Sounds awesome! :) I heard from Melissa M. that you're going to see the Music Man, so I'll see you there!

~Cousin Rose~

Katrina said...

Sounds like you had a great time!
And I'm holding you to your promise about posting pictures!!

Rose said...

*dies of happiness* I'm still a little shocked that you were actually there!

Thank you soooo much for coming!

Claire said...

You are so welcome! BTW, I like your new template and the playlist (especially the chant!)